Prof. Dr. Werner Kießling
||+49 821 598 - 2134
||+49 821 598 - 2274
||2051 (building N)
||Thursday, 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
D-86159 Augsburg, Germany
How to find me: building N
Current research profile:
- Preference based database systems and search engines, personalized information systems, cooperative man-machine-interaction and agent systems, preference mining,
- innovative database applications for electronic / mobile commerce, libraries,
- efficient component based middleware for multimedia internet services.
Former research profile:
- Performance analysis of database lock protocols,
- Architecture of database systems and query optimization,
- Knowledge based systems and expert systems with uncertain knowledge,
- Construction of high-performance deductive database systems,
- Modelling and performance analysis of object oriented database systems.
of the FORSIP
research group (Situation awareness, individualization and personalization in the man-machine-interaction).
Multimedia training course
Since march of 1998, the multimedia training course "Multimedia-Kurs Datenbanksysteme
" (available only in German) is offered by Springer-Verlag (ISBN 3-540-63836-9). It is successfully used for the lectures at the university of Augsburg.