InvitationACSD 2009 -- the 9th Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design is for the first time organized in Germany.
This annual conference serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for disseminating theoretical results with application potential and advanced methods and tools for the design of complex concurrent systems in the Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education sectors. While there are already quite a few success stories in the field, there is still a strong need to bring theory and practice closer together.
We invite you to attend ACSD 2009 and submit regular papers or tool papers.
TopicsThe scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to, the following topics as they relate to design of complex concurrent systems in the Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education sectors:
1. Design methods, tools and techniques based on models of computation and concurrrency
- Data-flow models
- Petri nets, process algebras
- State charts
- Performance analysis, verification, testing and synthesis
Best Paper Award
Special Issue Fundamenta Informaticae
- Platform-based design
- Component-based design
- Refinement techniques
- Hardware/software abstractions
- Co-simulation and verification
3. Synchronous and asynchronous design
- Asynchronous circuits
- Globally & locally synchronous systems
- Interface design
- Muli-clock systems
- Functional and timing verification
- Concurrency issues in Systems on Chips
- Massively parallel architectures
- Networks on chip
- Task and communication scheduling
- Resource, memory and power management
- Fault-tolerance and Quality of Service issues
4. Industrial case studies of general interest
- Gaming applications
- Consumer electronics and multimedia
- Automotive systems
- Bio-medical applications
- Internet and grid computing
5. Concurrency issues in networked systems
- Ad-hoc, mobile and wireless networking
- Sensors networks
- Communication protocols
- Cross-layer optimization
- Resource, power and Quality of Service management
- Concurrency-related security issues
6. Concurrency in Business Process Management
- Business process modeling
- Simulation and verification
- Distributed workflow execution
- Business process (de-)composition
- Interogranizational and heterogeneous workflow systems
- Computer-supported collaborative work systems
- Web services
7. Synthesis and control of concurrent systems
- Compositional modeling and design
- Modular synthesis and analysis
- Distributed simulation and implementation
- Distributed controller synthesis
- Adaptive systems
- Supervisory control
Presentation CategoriesThe Technical Program includes invited talks, full and brief paper presentations and tool demonstrations.
ProceedingsAccepted papers will be published in the proceedings book published by CPS. These publications will serve as major sources of information for the Petri net community, indicating the current state of the art, new trends and new opportunities.
Best Paper AwardA best paper award will be given to the author(s) of the best regular paper presented at ACSD 2009.
Special Issue Fundamenta InformaticaeBest papers of ACSD will be considered for publication in extended and revised form in a special issue of the journal Fundamenta Informaticae.
BackgroundThe ACSD Conference series originated in Fukushima, Japan (1998); Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK (2001); Guimaraes, Portugal (2003); Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (2004); St.Malo, France (2005); Turku, Finland (2006); Bratislava, Slovakia (2007); and Xi'an, China (2008). ACSD 2009 is the 9th in this series of internationally respected events.